Filipino spring rolls are called Lumpia. If you haven't had one before well you are in for a vegetarian treat! Traditionally they are made with a mixture of meat and served with a vinegar dressing. This recipe takes the power of Yves Veggie Ground and remasters the recipe into a delicious mock version that will have all your filipino friends/family fooled.
This party staple takes quite a bit of time to prepare but the pay off is more than worthwhile. These can also be made in advance and kept frozen up to 2 months.
1 pack Yves Veggie Ground Original
1 medium onion diced
2 garlic cloves diced
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 tsp ground pepper
Pinch of salt
50 spring roll wrappers (make sure it has no animal products if you are vegan)
Vinegar dressing Recipe:
1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 garlic clove chopped
Pinch of salt & pepper
1 Tbsp flour
1 cup Warm Water
1. In a large pot or wok, heat 2 tbsp oil on medium. Add onions and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add Yves Veggie Ground, cook for 10 minutes.
3. Add remaining veggies, pepper and soy sauce. Cook for additional 10 minutes until ingredients are well combined and cooked through.
4. When finished filling. Add pinch of salt.
5. Set up your work station. Each spring roll wrapper should hold about 1/2 tsp-1 tsp of filling. Fold and seal your wrapper with Seal Recipe.
6. In a large pot or saucepan, heat corn oil on medium. When evenly heated throughout gently add spring rolls and fry for 6 minutes or until the traditional golden lumpia/spring roll hue is achieved.
Serve and enjoy with the traditional Vinegar Recipe!!