Chickpea Stir Fry
Looking for an ultra healthy and quick fix meal? Stir fry's are fantastic ways of utilizing extra vegetables in the fridge, this version ups the protein content to make this a well-rounded meal with a serving of brown rice, brown rice pasta or simply on its' own. This also works great as a meal prep option for the week ahead.
2 tbsp olive oil (sub water if oil free)
3 garlic cloves diced
1 head of broccoli
1 Red Bell Pepper
2 cups Cremini mushrooms
1/2 onion sliced
1 tsp Better Than Bouillon
1 tsp low-sodium soy/ tamari sauce
1 can of chickpeas
1 tbsp garlic powder
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1. In a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil at medium low heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes making sure not to burn the garlic.
2. Add mushrooms and cook additional two minutes. This method infuses the garlic flavour right into the mushrooms.
3. Add onions and cook another minute.
4. Add remaining ingredients and cook additional 8 minutes or until broccoli brightens (But not wilting, this would mean it's over cooked. You are always welcome to check at the 8 minute mark if your broccoli is cooked through and adjust accordingly.)
5. Serve with your favourite starch. Brown rice is my go-to with this dish.
Hope you all enjoy this healthy meal!